Introduction and Purpose
AP Chemistry class is designed to encourage the development of the fundamental concepts and principles of chemistry. There is an emphasis on inquiry and critical thinking skills, which include problem solving, mathematical reasoning, and experimental investigations. These investigations will be focused on the seven science practices listed below:
1) The student can use representations and models to communicate scientific phenomena and solve scientific problems.
2) The student can use mathematics appropriately.
3) The student can engage in scientific questioning to extend thinking or to guide investigations within the context of the AP course.
4) The student can plan and implement data collection strategies in relation to a particular scientific question.
5) The student can perform data analysis and evaluation of evidence.
6) The student can work with scientific explanations and theories.
7) The student is able to connect and relate knowledge across various scales, concepts, and representations in and across domains.